Tuesday 21 December 2010

Marina Abramović and fashion


THE DRESS, Marina Abramović, Laos 2008 Photo: Attilio Maranzano, Dress: Riccardo Tisci for GIVENCHY, Courtesy Marina Abramović Archives

In recent years Marina Abramović has brought her practice closer to the fashion world through her collaborations with her close friend, Givenchy’s artistic director Riccardo Tisci.



Marina was interviewed by Donatien Grau Another Mag/ "An Intellectual Fashion/ Marina Abramović"

"In the 1970s I was never interested in fashion. I thought that to be fashionable was to be a less good artist. After I walked the Great Wall of China, which was a great achievement in my life that changed my career, I decided that I didn't need to prove anything to anyone anymore – not least whether or not I was a good artist. I had a secret desire to engage with fashion which I never admitted to myself, so the first time that I ever had serious money, I bought a Yamamoto suit. I felt so good in it, and without guilt! After that, I openly started being interested in fashion and tried to create my own style using different elements of what was fashionable at that moment. Since I met Riccardo Tisci, I have become a faithful admirer of his clothes and I really feel the best in them."

Marina Abramovic wears Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci



Riccardo Tisci, far left, with singer Ciara Harris, actress-singer Bambou, model Diego Fragoso Calheiros Lins, actress Liv Tyler, stylist Panos Yiapanis, models Jonathan Marquez and Mariacarla Boscono, and artist Marina Abramović.
Photographs by Willy Vanderperre


Jean-Baptiste Mondino

Marina Abramović for the January issue Elle Serbia

photographer: Dusan Reljin.

The cover of V Magazine's 67th issue , with supermodel Tyson Ballou. S
he is wearing Givenchy (by Riccardo Tisci)
Photography:Mario Testino
Styling: Nicola Formichetti


The Artist is Present a Homage to Marina Abramović in 125 Magazine

Marina Abramović: The Artist Is Present (March 14–May 31, 2010)







Editorial image courtesy Fashion Copious


Marina Abramović and Ulay — Relation in Time, 1977

1 comment:

joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...