Friday 15 June 2012

Captivated by George Styler debut collection

The first time I encountered George Styler was during application time for FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2012. It looked promising for sure but the result of the catwalk show at was outstanding. The collection is overstyled but it is well done. I fell in love with the shoes the first time I saw it. The knitwear and the details are refreshing. From reactions so far George Styler's collection was a show stopper at FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2012. I am really looking forward to see his next step. George Styler captivated FASHIONCLASH with this collection.
Geogre Styler, is a Belgrade based designer. He was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
George Styler graduated from College of Textile - Design, Technology and Management in Belgrade and he has been working in the fashion industry for over 6 years.  He designed clothes for men and children and also worked on fashion collections for many famous fashion brands. But now the time has come to launch his own brand – George Styler. 

'Captivity'
"The title of my collection is “Captivity” and it is in fact the message of freedom and paying attention on just how important that message is for the animal world as for the people; national, sexual and religious minorities and all beings whose freedom has been taken away.
A bird is the symbol of freedom and in our society a parrot is kept in a cage. My inspiration came from looking at the parrot, his vivid colors and his form. In this collection, I am in fact admiring the differences in this world and I cannot understand those that have a problem when someone is different. Therefore, I didn’t want to concentrate only on one style. 
In my collection you will find the most versatile styles from punk to jacquard knitwear all the way to ethno. With this I wanted to show that it is not important where someone comes from and that in every nation there is something interesting. "

I love them
picture by Damian Trawicki




















































Catwalk pictures by Peter Stigter

picture by Lonneke van der Palen

picture by Lonneke van der Palen


No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...