Sunday 24 March 2013

Kaarina Kaikkonen

Way  2000
Helsinki Cathedral
Men's jackets 




























Kaarina Kaikkonen
"Countless works and installations I have built, mostly straight into their spaces. Through my work I try to search my constantly changing outline. I need an outline to understand myself more clearly - to understand where the internal ends and the external begins."

Finnish environmental artist Kaarina Kaikkonen is using hundreds of second hand shirts to create giant shirt installations, which look as if someone hung his huge amount of clothes out to dry.
 
All images © Kaarina Kaikkonen


‘Are we still going on?’ at Collezione Maramotti in Reggio Emilia, Italy 

Shadow 1999
Tampere
Men's jackets 





No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...