Friday 24 May 2013

Encounter with Petra Ptáčková

"Petra Ptáčková, a girl born in Prague with nickname tom cat working in advertising as a stunt woman and actress. I always wanted to tell something to the world and as I am better in explanation through sketches than words my final choice was fashion. Its pleasing to feel that you can influence somebody’s life through clothes. I believe that one well chosen jacket can say more than any word. Just let your inner voice speak" 

You see her collection at FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2013! Read this interview with her and get to know more about her world.

















What inspires you in general?
I try to get most out of the life that I wish to live. I feel secure in my own fairytale world. This motivates me to pursue new dreams. I always want to move forward. Beside that, all the dear people in my world, no matter if It is my family or not.





Where are you based? I am divided between Paris and Prague. but I just feel like I belong to any place that treats me right. My latest discovery is NYC so I may move there soon :) I believe that I don’t have to put any limits of where I can live and where not. Its me who set the rules! And the rules are: no limits, no borders, no fear, no boss, no excuse, no trends!

What is it like to be a young designer in your city/country?
No matter where I come from I try to surround me with my own world. Its actually good for building- up my fantasy. Every country got its character, its own history and culture and we should try to see the originality of each of it. In Prague and Czech Republic generally it is not that easy, as many Eastern Bloc countries, however this is not a excuse. We just still have so much to learn. We should try to be open to new arrivals and not to be afraid of who we are because when I look back to our history, the fashion craft and style used to be amazing and very up to date.





























What place/city do you find inspiring?
Cities are good for me but its always so good to come back to the nature again. Any place can be inspiring. Its the matter of how I feel at the moment. Paris is great when I can ride my bike, Lisbon is best when I can get lost and discover secret streets with the sun on my back. NYC just makes me feel so many different ways. But in general its all about to live the moment with passion wherever you find yourself.

What is the concept behind your latest collection? 
zAhrada/gArden is about four little friends leaving their home to find the place they could call their own world. Its based on my illustrations inspired by the famous Czech fairytale Zahrada by fab Jiri Trnka. “I love travelling” she said. “I always wanted to dive in the sky” he said. they took a snack and left their track. towards new adventures they discovered a secret doorway. Than all they knew till now was gone and something new has come. No more fish in the lake, no more elephant idle to move his ass. “We discovered all the things in the way we want them to be. Finally we've found better world. nd creators, its us” friends said

Describe your collection in three words? game, childhood and rock n roll

What kind of feeling do you want to transfer with your collection? wanna make people to be like a kid again. my philosophy is about comfort and feeling of freedom and playfulness. most of my design is rebuildable and u can use it more ways.

Did you always wanted to work in the field of fashion?
Some dreams and attitudes have been changing through the life but fashion has been always been very close to my heart. More than a need to touch the fabrics and to draw I've been crazy about playing with the form and how to translate it to 3D.





























Do you have a muse? 
Well I believe more in my heroes than muses. However it would have to be my mum! Otherwise I love David Bowie, Claudia Cardinal and Natasa Golova. Hero of my life is definitely the best stunt man and comedian Jean Paul Belmondo.

Who is your favorite fashion designer?
Rei Kawakubo is very inspiring with her own attitude. That is what makes her so extraordinary. Than I  also have respect for some Belgian innovative designers.

What is so far your greatest experience in your 'fashion' career?
I’ve worked with Karl Lagerfeld and I have experienced to see how professional he is.  I've really fallen for him and his work. He is a genius!





























What is on your music list while your making your collection?
Music is my life!
Paradoxically with the period of very fairy and playful collections. I've turned to Rock n Roll. Icons such as Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and David Bowie started to change my attitude to the life a lot. This music always helps me to find myself, it reminds me of my freedom and not to forget how happy I am. I can live my dreams and I can travel and discover the world and learn from my own mistakes. Important band in my education is also Arcade Fire and Beastie Boys. Otherwise as a b-girl and capoeira player I love funk, soul, jazz and rap.

What can we expect from you in the future? 
Collections coming from fantastic worlds full of crazy adventures. Otherwise I can not really plan my future as I just follow my inner voice and let myself ride down the waves. I wish that my work can inspire people to think about their life in a positive way and reminds them not to forget about their freedom of freedom of choice. We are individuals. We don't need others to lead our next steps.
And my goal is to pursue the same attitude to fashion.

http://www.petraptackova.com/


Credits:
Photography: Petr Jandera 
Model: Tereza Janakova, Šimon Kotyk 
Make up: Tereza Trtikova





No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...