Wednesday 12 June 2013

Jef Montes at FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2013



























Jef Montes is a rising Dutch fashion designer, graduated in 2012 for my Fashion Design Bachelor at ArtEZ Institute of Arts in Arnhem.
At FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2013 he presented a stunning new collection 'Encarnación'.

"My collection Encarnación is a sequel on my Dolores collection. Dolores was an ode to my great-grandmother.
Dolor in Spanish means pain. It stands for grieving, death and a purely catholic feeling. Encarnación triggers my inner child exploring the sea in Tarragona. My signature color is Lavender Blue and this equals the deep feel of the sea. As a starting-point for shape I inspired myself exploring fish in the sea. The moon-fishtail is a key shape in my collection. Next to the fishtail shapes I combined the prayer silhouette from the Dolores collection. These two shapes clash like a wave with a special folding technique. Collecting crying Madonna figurines inspired me to combine dry and shining textures. It's a combination of a silk satin duchess and woven glass-fiber. This material equals the wet feel of the crying Madonna. For detail I designed futuristic interpretations of embroidered buttons in combination with smock-work and different techniques of framework. To complete my full image I created bodysuits and embroidered berets worn as halo's. The icon’s I show are a vision called ‘’transparent pure girls’’."
http://www.jefmontes.com/





















No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...