Sunday 10 August 2014

Ohrid - Macedonia

Part of my holidays this year I spent in Ohrid in Macedonia. This is a place I had on my list for a long time after hearing great stories about it and also as Macedonia is former Yugoslav republic.
Ohrid is an historic site with a town called Ohrid that lays on the Ohrid lake. The lake is a marvelous piece of earth, actually one of the oldest lakes in the world. Both the lake and the old town are protected by Unesco and are truly wonderful. Furthermore worth taking a boat to is the St. Naum (Monastery of Saint Naum).
Overal I enjoyed my short trip to Macedonia very much





















Ottoman style architecture in Ohrid town


great place for dinner, St. Jovan Kaneo 

















museum on the water




Monastery Saint Naum

rivers springs



view to Monastery of Saint Naum




No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...