Sunday 10 July 2016

8CUFF at FASHIONCLASH Festival 2016

This years at FASHIONCLASH Festival strong menswear collections where on display, among them the Seoul born, and Hong Kong based designer Sue Suh with her brand  8CUFF. She designs sport-lux streetwear, and her collections are inspired by social issues. Sue Suh is described as a true entrepreneur and design innovator in the fashion industry

Q&A with Sue Suh

When did you realise you wanted to be a fashion designer?  
Two years ago, when I realised that I can communicate through the collection.

What are your main achievements in your career at this moment? 
I used to run a bar and a cafe before studying fashion.

How would you define fashion? 
Communication.


 Who are your artistic influences or inspirations and why? 
Everyone around me or I encounter, the fact that individual have different idea and perspective inspires me in all kinds of way.

Finding your own voice is difficult, where and how do you find your personal creativity (before you start designing; during the design process)? 
I think I am still learning that, I try to think of an object from what I have seen (movie, book, news anything!! ) and reflect myself as well as the world that I'm living in and infuse and justify my opinion on it.


What challenges did you face during the design process? 
Literally having no idea when you really need to activate your brain.

Can you tell us something about the project you will present at the FASHIONCLASH Festival? 
The collection's title is Surreal Obsession, which is visioning about uncertainty, anxiety, false desire and obsession.


What does your collection try to communicate (what is it about)? 
Our loop of being anxious about something we desire and we follow the path with shit loads of questions which is normal to be, its the human nature because the world we live in is fucked up, and it will never change.

Describe yourself in three words. 
WOFF ROAR GRRRRR.

Vegan, vegetarian, healthy diet or any food will do? 
‘Food’ will do.

What is your bad habit? 
Recently Im playing my childhood games, cs…

Are you a people's person or a loner? 
Loner.

Do you have a pet? 
YESSS DOGGGGGG.

What’s your favourite city? 
Barcelona, Berlin, Hong Kong.

What/Who do you miss the most when you are not at home? 
iMac and my husband








No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...